Lots and lots of events, exhibitions and concerts are happening in Beirut and Lebanon this spring and summer. Since I was doing a list for myself, I decided to share it with anyone else interested as well. Here we go:
Beirut Music and Art Festival at Beirut Souks from May 18 to June 12. Check the full program on the website. Beirut Boat Show 2011 at La Marina Dbayeh from May 18 to May 22. It is open for public starting today. Entrance fees are 10,000 L.L. Check the website for more details. The Garden Show & Spring Festival 2011 at the hippodrome of Beirut from May 24 to May 28. Full details here.
- The Heartbeat Gala Dinner on May 28 and Heartbeat Goes to the Movies Concerts in Casino du Liban from June 17 to June 19. Check it here.
Shakira concert in Beirut New Waterfront on May 26. Christophe concert in Music Hall on May 29. Beirut Spring Festival in various locations in Beirut including theater, music, dance and conferences from June 2 to June 8. Check the full program here. The Outbox Film Festival at the Roman Baths in Downtown Beirut from June 9 to June 12. You can check the full program here. Wicker Park 2011, a concert to celebrate nature by the sea in Batroun with Meen, Jammit, Pierre Hashash, Eardrum, Flying Circus, Green Pepper, The MAKoustics on June 11. More details on the Facebook page.
- Democratic Republic of Music (DRM) concerts in Sourati Street Hamra with a great lineup of artists from June 16 to July 29. Check the full details here.
- Beiteddine Festival with Sabah The Musical, Roberto Alagna, Kazem Al Saher, George Benson, Babel (contemporary dance), Ibrahim Maalouf and his quintet, ‘Stabat Mater’ (Hymn to the Virgin Mary), Farida and the Iraqi Maqam Ensemble with Omar Munir Bashir from June 24 to August 4.
- Jounieh International Festival 2011 from June 24 to July 3 with a very diverse program including a Magida El Roumi concert in Fouad Chehab stadium on June 25.
- James Blunt concert in Biel on June 27.
- Byblos International Festival 2011 with Don Quixote Rahbani play, Moby, Scorpions, Florent Pagny, Jamie Cullum, Thirty Seconds To Mars, Amadou et Mariam and Les Mysteres Lyriques from June 28 to July 23.
- Tyre Festival with Flying Tzars, Lebanese Spoken Language Poetry, Abdallah Al Ruwaished, Pan Arab Poetry night, Amir Yazbeck and Assi El Hellani from July 1 to July 18.
- Baalbeck International Festival 2011 with the musical “From the Days of Saladin Lebanese Nights” featuring Assi el Hellani, Antoine Kerbaje, Carmen Lebbos.. , “Boris Eifman Ballet Theatre of Saint-Petersburg Don Quichotte or Fantasies of a Mad Man”, “The Gershwin Piano Quartet Contemporary Music on Four Grand Pianos”, “Abdel Rahman el Bacha Classical Music” and “Louis Hayes & the Cannonball Legacy Band featuring Vincent Herring & Jeremy Pelt
Jazz Concert” from July 7 to July 30.
- Batroun Festival with UB40, Najwa Karam and The Little Mermaid from July 9 to July 22. Ramy Ayach and The Open Air Party on July 29.
- Zouk Festival with Placido Domingo, Room Ful of Blues and Fadel Shaker from July 17 to July 21.
PS. Knock on wood and hopefully we will have a fun, interesting & exciting summer!Check the disclaimer on About page.